In today’s episode, Brian and John share their strategy in the real estate investing field — what properties to buy, how much to buy for, how to flip/sell properties, what profit margins you should be aiming for and a lot more. Listen to learn about their practices on how to buy at a discount and what factors you should be considering when diving into the real estate investing industry.
Comment below and let us know what you think about today's episode and don't forget to rate us on iTunes!
This Episode is Sponsored by
Core Rentals offers full service, residential property management in Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas. They are equipped to handle single-family and multi-family homes. Visit CoreRentalsOhio.com today to have the day-to-day operations of your rental property handled by professionals.
- Strategies on how to buy & sell real estate properties
- Buying Off Market at a Discount
- Flipping Houses
- Rental Houses
- Making decisions
00:31 – The latest in John and Brian’s real estate work
02:32 – Today’s episode is about their real estate strategy
- Buying OFF Market at a Discount
- Check the neighborhood
- Check the price range
- Check the rental rate ratio — Consider the 2% rule
05:39 – An example of the opposite spectrum in their strategy
07:32 – The last and most important thing to look at
08:24 – Flipping Houses
- The desirable features of houses today
12:15 – Rental Houses: Middle B and C+ neighborhoods
- Look at crime stats of the neighborhood
- The criteria to look for
- Key partnerships with lenders and banks
- Putting properties in the MLS
19:34 – Single Family Houses that qualify for both flipping and renting
- The factors to help make decisions
- Aim for The 2% Rule: One month’s rent is 2% of the value of the property.
- Look at neighborhoods that tend to appreciate in the future.
- Keep all-in costs to 70-75% of retail value for rental properties.
“The last thing we look at is whether we think that a neighborhood is going to appreciate or not.” (Tweet This!)
“When we analyze a property, we like to see our end goal to earn a minimum of 15% all-in.” (Tweet This!)