In this episode, Brian and John tell us about networking in the real estate investing world. The guys worked hard to grow their business to what it is today, and attribute the majority of their success to networking. Brian and John even met through networking! We hear about all the different networking opportunities in real estate and how everyone you work with has the potential to help grow your business, and you can help them as well. The guys also give tips to beginners who want to get out there and connect.
Comment below and let us know what you think about today's episode and don't forget to rate us on iTunes!
This Episode is Sponsored by
Core Rentals offers full service, residential property management in Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas. They are equipped to handle single-family and multi-family homes. Visit CoreRentalsOhio.com today to have the day-to-day operations of your rental property handled by professionals.
- Networking with lenders
- Collaboration through networking.
- Networking with contractors.
- Advice on networking for beginners.
01:07 – What’s been going on this week.
- Sold a property in a unique situation.
- Looking at Brian and John’s lowest-performing rentals.
- Another successful flip.
04:27 – The power of networking.
- How Brian and John became partners through networking.
06:09 – Lenders
- How John met lenders after quitting his day job.
- Brian networking within his brokerage.
- Talking to banks.
08:47 – Collaboration.
- Working with wholesalers.
- A deal the guys got from a wholesaler.
- Building a relationship with other investors.
10:48 – Contractors.
- The guys getting recommendations from a siding supplier.
- Mitigating risk when using contractors.
12:44 – Tips for networking.
- An online marketer reaching out to Brian and John.
- Choosing locations to meet.
- Doing research.
- Asking to “pick someone’s brain.”
- It’s never too early to start.
- Keeping notes.
19:34 – Conclusion and importance of networking.
- Having an abundance mentality.
- Networking is vital for growth in the real estate business.
- Constantly build relationships. You never know how valuable they will be.