In this episode, John and Brian tell us stories about times they have failed while growing their company, from using disreputable contractors early on to raising the rent on a property they currently own. They also give advice on how to deal with failure and how to minimize it.
Comment below and let us know what you think about today's episode and don't forget to rate us on iTunes!
This Episode is Sponsored by
Core Rentals offers full service, residential property management in Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas. They are equipped to handle single-family and multi-family homes. Visit CoreRentalsOhio.com today to have the day-to-day operations of your rental property handled by professionals.
- Failure with contractors.
- Failure with acquiring properties.
- Current failure that the guys are dealing with.
01:08 – The property that Brian and John purchased today and other recent happenings.
- The best deal they’ve ever gotten on a single-family home.
04:08 – Failure.
04:33 – Failures with contractors.
- Being careful with who to trust.
- Not getting proper quotes.
09:55 – Acquisition failure.
- Winning an auction for a destroyed house.
- A house that the guys made many different types of mistakes on.
- Dealing with higher-end homes.
17:06 – Adversity that the guys presently face.
- Multi-family homes.
- A property the guys own that is sitting half vacant.
- Delegating and trusting people.
- Challenges in growing the company.
20:55 – Viewing failure positively.
- Using mentors vs. learning from doing.
- Accept failure and learn from it.
- Do your due diligence.
- Be open to advice from private lenders that you trust.
- Don’t get discouraged when you make mistakes.