In this episode, Brian and John give an overview of the different ways to fund real estate deals. Though it gets easier to do with more experience, it is still possible to get funding even if you are new to flipping. Listen to find out how to finance your deals, including how the guys got funding for their first projects.
Comment below and let us know what you think about today's episode and don't forget to rate us on iTunes!
This Episode is Sponsored by
Core Rentals offers full service, residential property management in Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas. They are equipped to handle single-family and multi-family homes. Visit CoreRentalsOhio.com today to have the day-to-day operations of your rental property handled by professionals.
- Funding real estate
- Starting from scratch.
- Funding flipping.
- Funding rentals.
00:56 – Closing two deals today and purchasing one.
- First deal landed in Dayton.
- Other sales this week.
03:50 – Today’s topic: Financing Deals.
04:26 – How Brian first ventured into real estate.
- Structuring partnerships.
- The early partnership structure of Brian and John and its evolution.
- Having a lack of experience.
- The ways that Brian and John provide funding for other flippers.
09:26 – Continuing to grow with flipping.
- Finding more funding opportunities.
- Using hard money lenders.
- Establishing a network.
- Lenders that fall between hard money lenders and banks.
14:09 – Funding rentals.
- Flipping the house to yourself.
- The bank’s seasoning period.
- Loan to cost vs. loan to value.
- Recourse loan vs. non-recourse loan.
- Using a lending broker.
- There are a variety of funding options available no matter what your experience level is.
- You will access even more funding options as you gain experience and reputation.
- Establishing a network as your business grows is crucial.