In today's episode, Brian and John talk about the beginning of their partnership, how they came to know each other, how their partnership was formalized, what it’s like starting their own real estate venture and a lot more. Tune in to know what their goals are for 2018 and why rental properties are a big part of their plans.
Comment below and let us know what you think about today's episode and don't forget to rate us on iTunes!
This Episode is Sponsored by
Core Rentals offers full service, residential property management in Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas. They are equipped to handle single-family and multi-family homes. Visit CoreRentalsOhio.com today to have the day-to-day operations of your rental property handled by professionals.
- How the guys made the transition.
- Advice for investors.
- The success of Brian and John’s partnership.
01:11 What’s been going on this week.
- Helping a family serve a notice of eviction.
- Rehabbing a house with a bug problem.
- Interviewing potential employees continues.
04:12 Quitting a full-time day job to be a full-time real estate investor.
- A summary of how Brian and John did this.
05:24 Advice for rental investors.
- Steps to take before quitting your job.
- Capital gains as income.
- Networking with lenders.
- Gaining some experience.
- Saving money to create a safety net.
- Having real estate work ready for you when you quit.
13:09 Finding a business partner.
- The early days of Brian and John doing business together.
- The advantages the guys see from their partnership today.
16:20 Making the leap.
- Using risk as motivation.
For more information, check out our website and reach out to us at TakeActionRealEstate.com or follow us on Facebook
- Plan well and have savings to fall back on if things don’t work out.
- Build your resume while you still have your full-time job.
- Embrace risk.
“[Full-time real estate investing] is something that I pulled the trigger on just over three years ago, and it’s been the best decision that I’ve ever made.” (Tweet This!)
“A lot of the time, the story that goes along with you and your experience is helpful at getting that private money, especially from individuals that are going to private lend.” (Tweet This!)
“I’d recommended finding a good partner that you get along with personally as well as in business philosophy, and definitely values.” (Tweet This!)